There are three EMC products that can be used to integrate Documentum with SharePoint:
- MyDocumentum for SharePoint
- Repository Services for SharePoint
- SharePoint Documentum Framework (SDF)
MyDocumentum for SharePoint: Configure SharePoint interface using Microsoft Portal Webpart to access the Documentum content server directly.
- Provide Content Library Service, and the options for configuring functions and displaying folders and documents
- Provide Simple Search and Advanced Search
- Allows users to work from a single SharePoint UI
- No business logic implemented within the UI
- No software development kit
- Search Documentum content only
Repository Services for SharePoint: Centrally manage Sharepoint Content at the Documentum Repository.
- No impact for SharePoint end-user experience
- Drive mixed enterprise-wide business process
- Reduction in SharePoint operating costs
- Maintaining two copies meta both at Sharepoint SQL server and Documentum SQL server
SharePoint Documentum Framework: A customization framework that allow you to leverage most Documentum functionality within a SharePoint product
- Providing Software Development Kits
- Using Documentum Foundation Service (DFS) Extensions
- Enable the user to add custom menu items at Sharepoint that can call DFS
- Integrating with SharePoint workflows
- Only sold as part of an implementation under EMC Professional Services agreement.